NACHC Outreach & Enrollment Webinar Series:
"Sign me up!" Navigating the Outreach & Enrollment Landscape
The 2014-2015 open enrollment period is around the corner and Community Health Centers continue to be on the forefront of educating the uninsured about their options and signing them up for coverage. The new, free webinar series—“Sign me up!” Navigating the Outreach and Enrollment Landscape—will focus on what we learned from the first open enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act, what to expect and prepare for in the next round of open enrollment, and the latest news, updates and information on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
The first webinar in the series is available now: Connecting Kids and Teens with Free and Low-cost Coverage, Wednesday, July 30th, 2014.
Outreach and Enrollment Issue Briefs
- Privacy and Security Standards for Personally Identifiable Information
- Conflicts of Interest During Application Assistance
Information Resources on Outreach and Enrollment
- HRSA Health Center O&E Assistance
- HRSA Health Center Ongoing O&E Assistance FAQs (Updated July 24, 2014)
- NACHC (Outreach and Enrollment)
- Enroll America
- Health Outreach Partners
- Key Lessons for Outreach and Enrollment Under Health Reform
- Families USA
- Health Coverage Checklist
- Insurance Basics English/Spanish
- The New Health Insurance Options Brochure
- The New Health Insurance Options NAACP and National Urban League Brochure
- Nuevas Opciones de Seguro Médico Brochure
- National Health Care for the Homeless Council Health Reform Marterials
- CMS Health Insurance Marketplace Resources
- CMS Health Insurance Marketplace Training Webinars
- AARP Health Law Answers Tool
- Coordinating Assistance Efforts: Lessons from Wisconsin
- Kaiser Family Foundation ACA Web Portal for People Living with HIV
- Outstationed Eligibility Workers and Community Health Centers: A Connecticut Case Study
- AAO Children's Vision Brochure
- Cancer Insurance Checklist available in English and Spanish
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Financial Help for Health
- Research Brings New Focus on ACA Impact on Access and Dema
- Video: The Affordable Care Act and Your Community Health Center
Key Staff Contacts:
O&E Operations: Ted Henson, (301) 347-0474
O&E Policy: Heidi Emerson, (202) 331-4602
EXAMPLES OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT
Following are examples of job descriptions for staff positions related to outreach and enrollment efforts. All will need to be modified based on the specific needs of the Community Health Center.
- The first example from the Michigan PCA is specific to a health center staff position which will focus on doing the outreach and enrollment. View the job description.
- The second example from the Arizona PCA is for a health center staff position in a more oversight/coordinating role. View the job description.
The third example is from the Ohio Association of Community Health Centers for an AmeriCorps/Community HealthCorps Member position serving at a health center.
View the job description.